1. In this factory, suggestions often have to wait for months before they are fully _____.
A. admitted B. acknowledged C. absorbed D. considered
2. The boy slipped out of the room and headed for the swimming pool without his parents’ _____.
A. command B. conviction C. consent D. compromise
3. Our research has focused on a drug which is so _____ as to be able to change brain chemistry.
A. powerful B. influential C. monstrous D. vigorous
4. She was afraid that unless the train speeded up she would lose her _____ to Scotland.
A. ticket B. place C. seat D. connection
5. No one has _____ been able to trace the author of the poem.
A. still B. yet C. already D. just
6. More than one-third of the Chinese in the United States live in California, _____ in San Francisco.
A. previously B. predominantly C. practically D. permanently
7. The new secretary has written a remarkably _____ report only in a few pages but with all the details.
A. concise B. clear C. precise D. elaborate
8. The managing director took the _____ for the accident, although it was not really his fault.
A. guilt B. charge C. blame D. accusation
9. The worker agreed to _____ the strike if the company would satisfy their demands.
A. call for B. call forth C. call off D. call up
10. I could just see a car in the distance, but I couldn't _____ what color it was.
A. look out B. make out C. get across D. take after
1.【答案】D。解析：considered 考虑; admit 承认; absorb 吸收。acknowledge 1) (=agree or admit the truth of; confess) 承认，供认; A. He acknowledged his mistake. (他承认了他的错误。) B. 接动名词 He acknowledged having been beaten. (他承认被打败了。) 2) (express thanks for) 致谢; A. Mary acknowledged the gift with a pleasant letter. (玛丽致函感谢馈赠的礼物。) B. His long service with the company was acknowledged with a present. (向他赠送礼品以感谢他长期来对公司的服务。)
2.【答案】C。解析：consent 同意，赞成，答应。conviction 深信，确信。compromise 妥协，折中。command 命令，指令; 掌握，运用能力。
3.【答案】A。解析：powerful (=having or producing great power) 强有力的。在这里四个形容词中，只有powerful (有效力的) 可与表示药物的名词搭配。influential 有影响的，有势力的，monstrous 异常大的，vigorous 精力旺盛的，强健有力的。
4.【答案】D。解析：lose one’s connection to 误了到……地方去的 (汽车、火车、轮船的) 联运; The train was late and I missed my connection.
6.【答案】B。解析：predominantly (=mostly; mainly) 主要地。previously (=coming earlier in time or order) 先前，早先; This is better than any solution previously. (这个办法比以前提出的任何解决办法都好。) practically (=really; in a practical way) 实际上。permanently (=going on for a long time) 永久地。句意：在美国，华人中有三分之一居住在加利福尼亚州，其中主要是在旧金山。
7.【答案】A。解析：concise (=brief; giving much information in few words) 简明扼要的：He gave a concise report of the meeting. (他对会议作了简明扼要的报道。) clear 清楚的。precise (=exact; correctly stated; free form error) 精确的，明白无误的; Please tell me the precise measurements. (请告诉我精确的尺寸。) elaborate (=worked out with much care; carefully prepared) 精心制作的，丰盛的：Peter worked out an elaborate scheme for raising the money. (彼得制定了一项详尽得计划来筹集这笔款项。)孤立地看，似乎4个形容词均能修饰report，但从句子的逻辑关系看，后半句中有only in a few pages but with all the details，故concise 是最贴切的选择。
8.【答案】C。解析：take the blame for 对……承担责任。Take charge of 负责管理 (照顾)。charge 前无冠词the。
9.【答案】C。解析：考查短语辨析。句意：如果公司满足他们的要求，工人同意取消罢工。call for要求;需要;提倡;call forth唤起;使产生;call off取消，符合语境;call up打电话给;召集。
10.【答案】B。解析：考查短语辨析。句意：我只能看到远处有辆车，但是我分辨不出它是什么颜色。look out当心，注意;make out理解;辨认出，符合语境;get across通过;使……被理解;take after与……相像。